I decided to start this blog as an easy way to keep everyone informed about Tom's deployment and my journey through the next year or so. On February 2, 2012 we all said "see you later" to Specialty Shotts as he headed out for Fort Bliss, Texas. Fort Bliss will be the first stop on his 400 day deployment (or as he put it...his vacation ha!). After 5-6 weeks of addition training at Fort Bliss, he will make his way over the "pond" to Afghanistan. I hope to keep everyone up-to-date using this blog as I receive the information from him. This year is going to take a lot of patience and trust in each other, but in the end it is all worth it. Please keep Tom, the 420th EN CO, and all the men and women who are fighting for our freedom in your thoughts and prayers.

Friday, February 17, 2012

Two weeks down

It has already been two weeks since Tom has left! In some ways it feels like I just saw him but when I look at the big picture it seems like this last two weeks have drug on.  I have been so busy with school and being sick the last three days that I haven't had time for it to soak in yet.  School is keeping so busy and stressed that any down time that I do get I am usually sleeping.  I was able to video chat through Skype with Tom two nights ago. When it first came on the first thing I noticed was he was so tan...Jealous! I guess I need to go spend two weeks in a desert so I don't look like a ghost.  It was good to talk to him face to well computer screen basically but I will take what I can get.


I started talking to one of Tom's battle buddies wife yesterday.  She is 23 years old and has two children...God bless! They just had their second child on my wonderful birthday this year.  She was saying how her older daughter keeps asking to video chat with her Daddy and that she missed him so much! While we were talking I was like I do not know how you do it...she simply said "because I love him." She might be young and so am I but if you are in love there is nothing that can stand in the way of it (not even the Atlantic Ocean).  It was finally good to talk to someone who knows exactly what I am feeling right now and also hates when people tell her "oh a year isn't that long...it will fly!" Ha! 

Well I need to stop procrastinating and get some studying done. Continue to pray for the men and women who are currently deployed, because in all reality it is the least we can do for them!


1 comment:

  1. The pages are blank, waiting for you fingers to clink on the keys and make music.

    ReplyDelete