I decided to start this blog as an easy way to keep everyone informed about Tom's deployment and my journey through the next year or so. On February 2, 2012 we all said "see you later" to Specialty Shotts as he headed out for Fort Bliss, Texas. Fort Bliss will be the first stop on his 400 day deployment (or as he put it...his vacation ha!). After 5-6 weeks of addition training at Fort Bliss, he will make his way over the "pond" to Afghanistan. I hope to keep everyone up-to-date using this blog as I receive the information from him. This year is going to take a lot of patience and trust in each other, but in the end it is all worth it. Please keep Tom, the 420th EN CO, and all the men and women who are fighting for our freedom in your thoughts and prayers.

Friday, February 10, 2012

Another day down!

In my high school AP English class we did a section on poetry.  It has always been easy for me to explain myself in poems, so I thought that would be a good way to convey my feelings through this deployment.  Some will rhyme and some will not....I will explore the world of poetry and do all different types.  I decided to start with the simple rhyming poem...the easiest ones to write. I hope you enjoy!

In Love With a Soldier
I may be young and you might not understand,
But my love for this boy was not really planned.

It takes someone special to win your heart over,
I was never lucky until I found him, my four leaf clover.

People ask why I go through with it and make myself stressed,
That is not how I see it, I think of myself as blessed.

I am in love with a United States Soldier, who has gone to war,
When will I hear from him again…that I am unsure?

Goodbye is forever, and our goodbye is not,
I will love him forever; in my heart he will always have a spot.

I go to bed at night hoping he is okay,
Hoping he is safe each and every day. 

If I have one word of advice to all of you reading this,
It’s never to take granted one hug or one kiss.

Realize the time you have with your loved ones is special,
Because honestly you never realize what you have until it’s gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment