I decided to start this blog as an easy way to keep everyone informed about Tom's deployment and my journey through the next year or so. On February 2, 2012 we all said "see you later" to Specialty Shotts as he headed out for Fort Bliss, Texas. Fort Bliss will be the first stop on his 400 day deployment (or as he put it...his vacation ha!). After 5-6 weeks of addition training at Fort Bliss, he will make his way over the "pond" to Afghanistan. I hope to keep everyone up-to-date using this blog as I receive the information from him. This year is going to take a lot of patience and trust in each other, but in the end it is all worth it. Please keep Tom, the 420th EN CO, and all the men and women who are fighting for our freedom in your thoughts and prayers.

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

392!!

Only 392 more days left of this deployment (if all goes well).  I heard from Tom a couple of times over the past week through facebook messages and skype chat.  He is doing well. He says he likes it at Fort Bliss because he is able to eat healthy and work out daily.  Ever since we have started dating he is constantly complaining on how I need to eat all the time and how he eats when I eat.  I am a growing girl I need to eat haha!

March 9th! That is the day that the 420th EN CO departs for Afghanistan...don't mark that down with anything permanent, because over the last year I have realized that the Army never does anything on time!

Until today I thought I was doing really well.  School has kept me extremely busy, which has been good. I just took my anatomy exam today. I have been keeping up with studying as we go over it in class and I have been studying basically day and night for the past several days to prepare.  After I left the test I realized that I had a more difficult time actually retaining the information than I did before he left. I know I know that should be no excuse! I honestly didn't realize that this was happening until I handed in my test. I don't know how I did and a could possibly surprise myself, but I don't think that will be the case.  I now know that I need to try and relax and not stress out so much.  Like Tom always says "what is you worrying about it really going to do?" I am not posting this up here to be criticized and told what to do (like i am sure some of you would like to).  I told myself from the start of this blog that this is a way to express my feelings throughout this journey...so don't ruin it!


Another day is underway and I have some more studying to do.  Continue to keep the men and women who are fighting for our country in your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment